- DBSA Letters of Support
- Assess the Adequacy of Peer Support Services
- Do you know how to appeal a mental health insurance claim denial?
- Promote Access to Quality Mental Health Care
- Increase Access to Medical Products
- Broaden the Peer Specialist Workforce
- Transform the Definition of Wellness
- DBSA Policy Positions
Well Beyond Blue
Mood disorders affect as many as 16 million individuals of all ages in the U.S. and there exists a significant unmet need for more and better treatment options. To address this need, DBSA created the Well Beyond Blue initiative to accelerate innovation in treatment and care across the entire health care system. The first phase of this initiative has focused on aligning medical product development with the treatment outcomes desired by the individuals living with these conditions.
- identifies the current gap between medical product development, the regulatory approval process and person-centric outcomes; and
- makes recommendations for narrowing these gaps.
Building on those recommendations, DBSA partnered with the Milken Institute Center for Strategic Philanthropy to conduct the Supporting Wellness survey to better understand the aspects of wellness that are most important to people living with mood disorders. Survey results were used to support an externally-led Patient Focused Drug Development meeting and to provide comment to the FDA document: Major Depressive Disorder: Developing Drugs For Treatment; Guidance for Industry. The survey results will drive the next phases of the initiative.
Join our advocacy email list to get updates about issues and actions you can take on behalf of people living with mood disorders. When you subscribe to the DBSA advocacy platform, you’ll also receive timely action alerts informing you as to when it is most advantageous to contact your lawmaker. Fill out this short form and we’ll add you to the list!