Fall: October 2 to October 27, 2023
Fall: October 30 to November 22, 2023
Winter: December 4 to December 15, 2023
December 2023 Special Edition Course: To end the year, DBSA is excited to offer a special edition of our Public Peer Specialist course in December 2023. Our original four-week Peer Specialist training has been re-designed into a condensed two-week period.
- Week 1: December 4 to December 8, 2023 (approximately 40 hours)
All assignments are to be completed on a self-study basis.
- Week 2: December 11 to December 15, 2023 (approximately 40 hours)
“Building the Skills” group workshop via Zoom
Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm CT
- Week 3: December 18 to December 22, 2023
Certificates of Achievement to be issued
All DBSA Public Peer Specialist courses are virtual and require approximately 80 hours of independent and group learning. Attendance is mandatory for group sessions.
Independent Learning Weeks 1, 2, and 4 (about 13 hours)
Assignments to be completed based on students’ individual schedules
Remote Group Learning Weeks 2 & 4 via Zoom
Calls for Weeks 2 & 4 are typically Tues and Thurs during CT afternoon hours
Third Week Virtual or In-Person Workshop is from Monday through Friday
From 9 AM to 5 PM CST
Who Can Participate?
Individuals age 18 or older with personal lived experience in recovery from a mental health, trauma, or substance use condition who wish to use this experience to assist others. Those willing to publicly identify as a person in recovery.
- Veterans & Non-Veterans: $1,500 per Attendee
- Non-refundable processing fee required at the time of submitting the application: $75
- Eligible Veterans and family members can apply to use VHA Chapter 31 benefits to cover the expenses involved in receiving a certificate of course completion. We recommend you contact your local VHA facility to learn more.
- The registration and enrollment process is on a first-come, first-served basis, and in order we receive full course tuition payments.
- Upon acceptance into the program, the $75 processing fee will be applied toward the $1,500 tuition.
- If the accepted candidate cancels participation in the four-week training, they will forfeit the $75 fee.
- Registration fee includes course fee, all course materials, and testing.