Thoughtful, accurate media coverage helps inform the public about mood disorders, which are life–threatening but highly treatable medical conditions. We work with media outlets to dispel harmful myths and share stories that educate, enlighten, and encourage hope.
If you are a journalist seeking information on mood disorders or an interview with a medical expert, researcher, person living with a mood disorder, or DBSA staff member, please contact us at Media@DBSAlliance.org.
Find an expert
Need to interview an expert? Contact media relations or learn more about our staff and community.
- Mental Health Awareness Month May 2021 Media Kit
- DBSA Guide: 10 Ways to Combat Discrimination with Compassionate Language (pdf)
Read news releases and statements for the media.
Facts about Mood Disorders
Read up on the basic facts about depression and bipolar, including symptoms, economic impact, suicide rates, treatment options, and DBSA support groups.
Public Service Announcements
View our print Public Service Announcements and listen to our PSA radio spots.
Read our monthly newsletter to find out what we’re doing now to support, educate and inspire people living with depression and bipolar disorder.
DBSA in the News
- DBSA Among Best of Online Support Groups 2021
- The Struggle to Cope With Depression Amid Coronavirus
- Mental health groups mobilize virtual community for those isolated by coronavirus outbreak. ‘This is a lifeline for people’
- Halsey opens up about her bipolar disorder in a candid new video interview
Learn more about America’s #1 provider of peer support and services, education, and wellness tools for people living with depression or bipolar disorder.
Learn about the progress of our programs and activities.