DBSA online support groups give people living with depression and bipolar disorder a safe, welcoming place to share experiences, discuss coping skills, and offer each other hope. With the support of generous donors and friends, we are rapidly adding more groups to meet the urgent need for online support.
Our support groups are led by peers – which means that the person guiding the meeting knows firsthand what it’s like to live with a mood disorder. In addition to our general support groups, we offer specialized groups for:
- Young adults
- Military Veterans from all branches of the service
- People of color
- DBSA friends, family, and caregivers supporting loved ones with mood disorders
- People with co-occurring diagnoses of substance use and mood disorders
All DBSA online support groups are free of charge.
- Some of our Local Chapters host online support groups open to all geographies. Scroll down or click to learn more.
- Our National online support groups are hosted by Support Group Central (SGC), a DBSA approved vendor. Upon registration, you will receive an email from SGC to assist you with managing your account.
DBSA Online Support Groups (Hosted by SGC)
Local Online Support Groups
Attend an online support group meeting led by a local support group facilitator from anywhere across the country! Our Chapters offer additional online support groups that are not hosted on SGC. We invite you to take a look at the list below and reach out to the contact listed. You do not need to live locally to attend these groups.
- DBSA Yuma in Arizona – Contact Nicholas F. Felber
- DBSA Grass Valley Auburn in California – Contact Linda Ketcham
- DBSA San Francisco in California – Contact DBSA SF
- DBSA Greater Hartford in Connecticut – Contact Joanne Shortell
- DBSA Greenwich in Connecticut – Contact John Tamerin
- DBSA Greater Chicago in Illinois – Contact Marjorie Mitchell
- DBSA Hope & Cope, a support group of DBSA Succasunna in New Jersey – Contact Bonnie and Kim
- DBSA Passaic County in New Jersey – Contact Dennise Babin
- DBSA Morristown Area in New Jersey – Contact Linda Boginsky
- DBSA Rockland County in New York – Contact Anthony Dellicarri
- DBSA San Antonio in Texas – Contact Kathy Franklin
- DBSA National Capital Area in the Washington DC Area – Contact Alvin Martin