Online support groups are led by peers, which means that the person guiding the meeting knows firsthand what it’s like to live with a mood disorder.
Most of our national online support groups are hosted by HeyPeers, a DBSA vendor.* Upon registration, you will receive an email from them to assist you with managing your account.
Couldn’t find a group on HeyPeers that fits your schedule?
Some of our local chapters host online support groups open to all geographies.
- DBSA Auburn Grass Valley in California – Contact Jason
- DBSA San Francisco in California – Contact DBSA SF
- DBSA Greenwich in Connecticut – Contact John
- DBSA Greater Chicago in Illinois – Contact Marjorie
- DBSA Hope & Cope, a support group of DBSA Morristown Area in New Jersey – Contact Bonnie
- DBSA Passaic County in New Jersey – Contact Dennise
- DBSA Morristown Area in New Jersey – Contact Linda
- DBSA San Antonio in Texas – Contact Kathy
- DBSA National Capital Area in the Washington DC Area – Contact Alvin
In addition to our general support groups, we offer identity-focused groups.
Designed to be welcoming and supportive spaces, these groups offer participants the chance to discuss shared experiences and find community with others walking a similar path to wellness.
If you or someone you know has thoughts of death or suicide, call 988 or 911 immediately. You can also text DBSA to 741-741 or contact someone you trust or the hospital emergency room.