Symptoms must be present for at least two weeks for a diagnosis of depression. The screeners provided are confidential assessment tools to explore your mental health and determine whether you should contact a mental health professional.
Symptoms of Depression
Symptoms of depression include
- prolonged sadness or unexplained crying spells;
- significant changes in appetite and sleep patterns;
- irritability, anger, worry, agitation, anxiety;
- pessimism, indifference;
- loss of energy, persistent lethargy;
- feelings of guilt, worthlessness;
- inability to concentrate, indecisiveness;
- inability to take pleasure in former interests, social withdrawal;
- unexplained aches and pains; and
- recurring thoughts of death or suicide.