In this section
- Hospitalization is intended to create a safe place to allow severe symptoms to pass and medication to be adjusted and stabilized. It is not punishment and it is nothing to be ashamed of. Only those you wish to tell need to know about your hospitalization.
- You can work with professionals to stabilize your severe symptoms, keep yourself safe and learn new ways to cope with your illness.
- You can learn skills to help you manage overwhelming feelings or disturbing thoughts.
- You can safely stop using alcohol or other substances.
- You may find a new treatment or combination of treatments that helps you.