DBSA creates and promotes messages, structures, and practices that advance mental health, personal choice, and wellness.
- DBSA Letters of Support
- Assess the Adequacy of Peer Support Services
- Do you know how to appeal a mental health insurance claim denial?
- Promote Access to Quality Mental Health Care
- Increase Access to Medical Products
- Broaden the Peer Specialist Workforce
- Transform the Definition of Wellness
- DBSA Policy Positions
Building on a long history of championing personal advocacy, we also advocate with peers at the forefront of determining needs and best practices for mental health among people with depression and bipolar disorder. We support both policy and media related advocacy at national and state levels, ensuring the place, needs, and concerns of peers in policy, service delivery, and treatment decisions.