Course Components & Dates
Winter: January 30 to February 24, 2023
Spring: May 1 to May 26, 2023
Summer: July 31 to August 25, 2023
Fall: October 30 to November 22, 2023
Independent Learning Weeks 1, 2, and 4
Assignments to be completed based on students’ individual schedules
Remote Group Learning Weeks 2 & 4 via Zoom
The calls for Weeks 2 & 4 are typically Tues/Wed/Thurs from 1PM to 2PM CST
Virtual Workshop Week 3 Monday to Friday
Class runs from 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST
Post-Course Online Examination (3 Hours)
Online test must be completed between the last day of the course and 12 business day from the last day
Virtual Training Requirements
- Internet connection to support Zoom video conferencing.
- Computer, laptop, or smartphone with the functionality to access a Zoom link. You can check this by going to https://zoom.us/ and installing the app. You will need to open a free account to install Zoom.
- Computer, laptop, or smartphone that has a webcam.
- Ability to sit and focus on a video conferencing call for 7.5 hours a day for 5 days.
Who Can Participate?
Individuals age 18 or older with personal lived experience in recovery from a mental health or substance use condition who wish to use this experience to assist others. Those willing to publicly identify as a person in recovery.
- Veterans & Non-Veterans: $1,500 per Attendee
- Non-refundable processing fee required at time of submitting application: $75
- Eligible Veterans and family members can apply to use VA Chapter 31 benefits to cover the expenses involved in receiving a certificate of course completion. We recommend you contact your local VA facility to learn more.
- The registration and enrollment process is on a first-come, first-serve basis, and in the order we receive full course tuition payments. The maximum class size is 16 students.
- Upon acceptance into the program, the $75 processing fee will be applied towards the $1,500 tuition.
- If the accepted candidate cancels participation in the four-week training, they will forfeit the $75 fee.
- Registration fee includes course fee, all course materials, and post-course testing.
Questions? View some frequently asked questions or contact Training@DBSAlliance.org or Lgoduco@DBSAlliance.org.
How to Apply
To submit an application, contact us at Training@DBSAlliance.org