Discussion Forums Rules of Use
If this is an emergency or you need immediate assistance, please call 911, your health care provider, a counseling center in your community or 1-800-273-8255. Please note these message boards are not monitored!
Anyone over the age of 18 with access to the internet can sign-up to participate in a DBSA message boards. Users under the age of 18 will have their accounts suspended.
If you are bothered by offensive language or discussion of personal subjects, if you feel you have been offended or otherwise bothered by a posted message, or if you feel these boards are not contributing to your health and wellness goals, DO NOT CONTINUE TO POST MESSAGES ON THIS BOARD.
Use of these message boards should not take the place of consultation with your health provider. Do not stop taking your medication or alter your treatment plan without first consulting your health care provider(s).
Discussion forums are provided as a service to site visitors. Information posted is the opinion of the author and does not represent views of DBSA. Discussion of any particular medication or treatment strategy on these boards does not indicate endorsement from DBSA.
Discussion forums are not regularly monitored for inappropriate postings and posted messages are not edited. However, DBSA reserves the right but is not obligated, to remove postings it believes to be inappropriate, inaccurate or in conflict with the views of DBSA, without prior consent from the author.
Posting any of the following may result in deletion of the message and termination of your user account which will result in deletion of all previously posted messages.
- Derogatory or offensive remarks directed towards other forum users
- Sexual content
- Content previously posted
- Argumentative messages or messages that are posted for the sole purpose of starting or maintaining arguments with other users
- Messages used to conduct or encourage any illegal activities, including software infringement, spreading computer viruses, gambling, distribution of pornography or other illegal activities
- Messages used to upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- Messages that appear to impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
- Messages used to conduct polls, research or otherwise gather information from users or that contain advertising, product promotion, promotion of professional services, clinical trials or research or links
Effective August 1, 2008, all users with multiple accounts used to access the forums will have all of their accounts deleted. Subsequent creation of additional accounts will result in permanent IP banning.
When deemed appropriate, and at its sole discretion, DBSA may provide user information, including identifying information that may have been entered into the site by the user, to authorized law enforcement agencies.
Information posted on the forums is not confidential. All messages posted may be read by all forum users. Messages are the property of DBSA and may be reused for other purposes without prior consent.
The entire contents of the DBSA web site and these discussion forums, including graphics, logos, documents, databases and other information is the property of the DBSA or has been used by DBSA with permission.
DBSA shall not be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual's use of, or inability to use, the information on this message forum.
By using this site, users shall indemnify and hold DBSA, its staff, and agents, harmless from and against any liability, claims, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys' fees) relating to any acts or omissions by users or to materials or information transmitted by users in connection with the use of the web site.
DBSA reserves the right to modify or change these rules of use without prior notification to current or new users.
By using these message boards, you agree with all the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Use of the forums shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. Users consent to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Cook County, Illinois, in the event of any dispute between the parties.
By clicking on the following link, you are confirming that you are 18 years of age or older, and have read and agree to the DBSA Forums Rules of Use.
page created: May 10, 2006
page updated: October 25, 2010