Events by Other Organizations
DBSA hosts a variety of educational and fundraising events throughout the year. We encourage you to check our events calendar often to find out about upcoming opportunities! View a full range of events on the DBSA Events Calendar.
The following are additional events concerning mental health, not hosted by DBSA, that may be of interest to you.
The Girl in the Mirror: Behavioral Health Challenges of Adolescent Girls
Thursday, March 13, 2014
3:00–4:30 PM ET (2:00 CT, 1:00 MT, 12:00 PT)
A girl’s smile can often hide identity struggles, anxiety, depression, self-loathing and pressure to succeed bubbling under the surface. The presentation of these issues in girls often differs from their presentation in adolescent boys and adult women. This session will explore common but frequently overlooked and underdiagnosed behavioral health challenges girls face. After attending this webinar, participants will better understand potential concerns and interventions to support girls through these challenges.
Participants will be able to describe:
- Risks associated with behavioral health conditions
- ADHD and its unique appearance in adolescent girls
- Development and treatment of self-injurious behavior
Child & Adolescent Mental Health Conference
April 27–29, 2014
Minnesota Association for Children's Mental Health The nation's largest children's mental health conference. 85+ unique workshops highlighting cutting edge information. CEU credits available.
Integrative Medicine for Mental Health 5th Annual Conference
September 19–21, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Practical clinical applications of nutritional therapies for the treatment of mental illness will be presented in detail during this conference. Pharmacological treatments and interactions will also be addressed. Numerous case studies will be presented to demonstrate how individuals respond to integrative treatments. Overall, the main focus of this conference is to give practitioners a whole body approach to successfully diagnose underlying issues contributing to the manifestations of neurological, social, and behavioral disorders. In addition, the integrative treatments for these disorders will be presented in detail.
New topics for the 2014 conference include:
- New concepts for the treatment of ADHD in children, adolescents, and adults
- Targeted supplements for mind, mood, and memory
- The importance of hormone optimization in the treatment of mental health
- New insights into the treatment of schizophrenia
- Diagnosing and correcting thyroid dysfunction
- Neuroendocrine and immune imbalance in depression and anxiety
- Breaking the cycle of the addicted brain
- The use of SPECT scan imaging
- Transcranial Magnet Stimulation (TMS) for the treatment of depression
Contact: Trisha Breckenridge
Phone: (913) 440-0773