Events by Other Organizations
DBSA hosts a variety of educational and fundraising events throughout the year. We encourage you to check our events calendar often to find out about upcoming opportunities! View a full range of events on the DBSA Events Calendar.
The following are additional events concerning mental health, not hosted by DBSA, that may be of interest to you.
Coping with Stress & Depression
May 14, 2014
Wednesday, May 14, 7:00 PM ET (4:00 PT)
Everyone experiences stress, but what are the best ways to reduce it? How do you know when your stress is more than normal? Join Families for Depression Awareness for the free Coping with Stress and Depression webinar, featuring Jesse Crosby, Ph.D., on May 14.
Integrative Medicine for Mental Health 5th Annual Conference
September 19–21, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Practical clinical applications of nutritional therapies for the treatment of mental illness will be presented in detail during this conference. Pharmacological treatments and interactions will also be addressed. Numerous case studies will be presented to demonstrate how individuals respond to integrative treatments. Overall, the main focus of this conference is to give practitioners a whole body approach to successfully diagnose underlying issues contributing to the manifestations of neurological, social, and behavioral disorders. In addition, the integrative treatments for these disorders will be presented in detail.
New topics for the 2014 conference include:
- New concepts for the treatment of ADHD in children, adolescents, and adults
- Targeted supplements for mind, mood, and memory
- The importance of hormone optimization in the treatment of mental health
- New insights into the treatment of schizophrenia
- Diagnosing and correcting thyroid dysfunction
- Neuroendocrine and immune imbalance in depression and anxiety
- Breaking the cycle of the addicted brain
- The use of SPECT scan imaging
- Transcranial Magnet Stimulation (TMS) for the treatment of depression
Contact: Trisha Breckenridge
Phone: (913) 915-5136