Planning for Your Future and Ours
It’s no secret that your goodwill helps DBSA create and maintain programs that make the future brighter for the millions of Americans living with mood disorders. And one way to share your goodwill is through planned giving. At www.DBSAlliance.org/Future, find out about all the easy ways to give the gifts of recovery, education and support to those with depression and bipolar disorder.
This new, user-friendly section of our website walks you through everything you need to know about planned giving:
- A glossary, so you don’t get confused by unfamiliar planned giving terminology
- All of the tax and income benefits of the various kinds of planned gifts
- Tips on how to make gifts from life insurance policies, retirement plan assets or appreciated property
- How to set up your will so that the government does not benefit more than your heirs
- How to calculate your income tax deduction for charitable gifts
By designating DBSA as a recipient of your planned gift, you become a member of the Dr. Jan Fawcett Heritage Society, named after DBSA’s founder, a prominent psychiatrist and researcher. But more importantly, you give others the possibility of a future full of hope.
page created: May 8, 2006
page updated: February 20, 2008